It’s that time of year again! Our 2022 AGM will be held on Wednesday 8 February 2023 at the Bunch of Grapes Hotel from 6.30pm. The outgoing committee will be there early to gather feedback and ideas, and to answer questions from those who might be interested in building Ballarat Writers into something bigger and better.
To speed up the proceedings, we are making our position reports available prior to the meeting. This will save us the need to have our usual read through on the night.
Treasurer (financial and programs)
Position descriptions (may be updated, but these are the official committee positions):
Treasurer and membership officer PD
General committee member (multiple positions available, no PD)
Click here to download a nomination form.
Advance nominations must be emailed or delivered to current chairperson Rebecca Fletcher (see form for details) by Saturday, 4 February.
Note: nominations will also be taken on the night.
Voting will take place at the AGM, at Bunch of Grapes Hotel, 401 Pleasant St South, Ballarat, on 8 February at 6.30pm.
Also available on the website is a proxy voting form for those unable to attend the AGM. This should be carried by the proxy on the night.
Click here to download a proxy voting form.
The gritty details:
Nominations of candidates for election as Officer Bearers of the Committee must be either:
- made on the night at the AGM, when nominations are called for; or
- delivered to the Secretary of BWI not less than 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the Annual General Meeting.
A candidate for election as Officer Bearer may only be nominated prior to the Annual General Meeting. If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot must be held.
The ballot for the election of Officer Bearers of the Committee must be conducted at the Annual General Meeting in such manner as the committee may direct.
Thinking you might like to join the committee? Here’s a brief summary of who does what, but the position descriptions will give you more detailed information:
- President: Chairs meetings, introduces speakers, welcomes guests.
- Secretary: Minutes, correspondence & bookings.
- Treasurer: Manages financial affairs, banking, payments; records memberships.
- Competitions Officer: coordinate all BWI competitions; appoint and liaise with judges; source and report on possible joint activities.
- Publicity Officer: Compiles & circulates newsletter; maintains the BWI website; support for technological services to the group; and keeping the social media presence active.
- Committee members: Invaluable support people who assist others as required.
We offer mentoring for incoming committee members & would really appreciate your support. Nominations are welcome on the night of the AGM.